Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Staying focused

It has been a whirlwind these last two months.  Since signing up for KDP Select and being allowed to offer free promotions on my books, I've seen my book sales and rating SKY ROCKET!  It's amazing and I am continuously humbled by it all.  I'm so happy to know that other people enjoy my books.  Amazing...
But with all the excitement of watching (and tracking--like a bloodhound) my book sales, I've been unable to stay focused on the book I'm currently writing.  I thought I had it all planned out, but as reviews are coming in of my already published works, I'm starting to change this story a little bit.  Of course, all of that is happening in my head because I just can't seem to get anything out when I sit down to type.  Before all this started, I'd say I was about 2/3 done with the book.  I'm still at that point and seem to be making NO progress towards finishing the other 1/3.  To make matter worse, another set of characters have popped up and won't stop invading my head with their story!  It's quite frustrating, like trying to carry on a serious conversation with someone while another person shouts into your ear about something completely off-topic.  It's not pleasant.
On top of all that, I've got my real job to worry about. 
So, here I am.  Blogging about my frustration instead of working on the story.  I have a long weekend coming up, and if I set my mind to it, I think I can bang out a few more chapters.  I just hope the others will keep quiet long enough for me to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment