Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Why buy the milk?

So...I'm giving away my latest book from now until 6/8.
"Why are you giving away your hard work for free?"
Great question!
Free promotions aren't really the same as giving away your hard work for free.
Well, not really.
See, Kindle Direct Publishing does this amazing thing where if you agree to publish solely through them, then you can do promotions and giveaways with little to no effort on your part. 
Sounds like a great idea to me!
And...when you give your books away, what you hope happens is someone grabs the book while it's free, reads it, likes it *squee*, and then either a)writes a review to inspire other readers to buy and read the book OR b)buys one of your other books OR c)both a and b!
So when I give my books away, I'm really hoping to generate more business for me and Amazon. It's worked in the past, but back then I had a little more momentum going with my books and therefore there was more buzz about what was coming out. But, I'm hoping that this quick promotional offer will help to generate some new buzz and get things going again.
However, dear reader wherever you are and whoever you are, don't be disappointed in me. I don't write these silly stories just to make money. I write because I love to bring characters to life and share them with you. I know I make mistakes. I know I overuse phrases or character actions (rolling of the eyes), but I love being about to create something out of nothing. Creating characters are stories is so much fun, and I love being able to share it with you.
So I guess my other reason for giving my books away is because I just want you to read them and enjoy them.
Happy Reading!
VaJewel


 

No comments:

Post a Comment