Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The best things in life are free...and so is one of my books!

With the addition of the new feature, KDP Select, for indie authors on Amazon, I was able to promote myself by offering one of my books for free for 5 days.  Despite the controversy that KDP Select has caused amongst indie authors, I chose to sign up with the program.  I do not currently offer my books anywhere but on Amazon, so I figured it was worth a try. 
I decided to put Nuptials for Sale on promotion from 12/14-12/18.  Currently, Christmas in Hell is doing well, but that's a seasonal title and I know that come December 26, the interest in that one will die down.  So, how do I continue to promote myself? 
Apparently, I offer a book for free!
Holy Cow!!!!!
I checked my stats this morning and was SHOCKED to see how many people had downloaded Nuptials for Sale for free!  My first thought was "What have I done?  Look at all the royalties I've lost!" However, the more optimistic side of me calmed me down by saying, "Yes, but look at how many more readers you've just gained!"
I am hopeful that this will work in my favor.  I hope that people will download this free book, be happy with the quality of it, and seek out other titles by this up and coming Indie author! 
I'll keep you posted!

BTW...in case you missed it, here's a link to the Amazon page where you can get this book for free! http://amzn.to/u1IIAf

2 comments:

  1. Hi Virginia

    I've downloaded, laughed and galloped my way through your freebie in one sitting. I review for amazon.co.uk and have just posted a 5* review, which I rarely do. I loved it and will be checking out more of your works. Regards, Roroblu'sMum, aka Rita, London, UK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita, you are my new best friend! Thank you so much for taking a risk on me! I read your review and loved it. You saw things I didn't even think about. Thank you for your support. I hope to be able to count you as a fan for many years.

    ReplyDelete