Monday, December 19, 2011

Cows, milk, and books

Take a moment to really think about the title of this post...Do you see where I'm going with this?

Yes, I'm referencing that old saying, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?"  I've just finished my first free promotion campaign.  It was definitely successful.  Seeing the number of downloaded books rise all the way up to, and then past, 10,000 was an amazing experience.  I don't think I got much work done at all this week, but I've gotten really good at mental math!
Now that I know there are 10,000 people out there with my book, I'm waiting anxiously to find out if sales of the other three books will pick up.  So far, not counting the free "sales", this has been my most successful month.  I was tickled to receive a 5* review from someone at amazon.co.uk (thanks for posting on here, Rita!).  Tonight, I nearly wept when I found that another 5* review has been posted on amazon.co.uk!  (You can read them both here) Since sales of Nuptials for Sale were basically nonexistent prior to this campaign, I would say that sometimes giving the milk away is a good thing.  While your mother may not agree with this sentiment when it comes to other things in life, I think that with indie books, giving the milk away just makes others want to buy the cow!
On a side note, I'd like to say something to the people of the UK.  I love you!  You nearly doubled the US download total!  Believe me when I say that I am seriously fighting the urge to move there so I can be with people who clearly get me!  Thanks!  I love you! 

1 comment:

  1. Just finished A Week at the Beach. Very enjoyable read. Keep writing...... Appreciative Reader (frustrated writer)

    ReplyDelete