Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Creating a cover...this means war!

If you've been reading this blog, which you probably haven't because no one really does, then you know that I've been debating the issue of creating covers for my ebooks.  Well, I've decided that I need to do it!  If I want to market my book then I need a pretty picture to draw people to it. 
I think I have a general idea of what I want for one of my ebooks, but now I have to create it. 
Holy moley!  I had no idea this was going to be so difficult! 
I consider myself to be a pretty tech savvy person, I'm usually good at figuring a program out, but this is ridiculous.  I researched it and found that GIMP was the best free program out there for me to use.  So, I downloaded it and tried it out.  I have no idea what I am doing.  It is much more difficult than I could have ever imagined.  At this rate, I think it will probably take me longer to create a cover than it did for me to write the freakin' book! 
As you can tell, I'm more than a little frustrated with this process.  I am a visual person, so I learn best when I watch things being done and then explore from there.  This process is driving me mad!  I need help and for once the internet is not doing me any favors! 
I'm off to give it another shot...and gnash my teeth the whole time!

No comments:

Post a Comment