Saturday, August 6, 2011

It's become an addiction

For a whole week, I tried hard to create book covers using two different programs.  As stated in an earlier post, I never figured it out.  Instead, I figured out how to create the covers simply using MS Paint.  Go figure, it would be so easy!
Well, it's become like an addiction now.  I've spent HOURS on www.gettyimages.com searching for pictures that would fit my books.  I have created 4 covers so far, but only two that I consider worthy of viewing.  One of them is shown below, Nuptials For Sale, a book which is written but still in the review/edit process.  I also did another cover for Across the Pond.  I like the new one a lot better.
This one is up on Amazon here.  It's only $2.99, why not check it out!
My next task is to create a cover for the other book I have out, Christmas in Hell.  This one actually proves to be harder than it seems.  I don't want to scare potential readers away, nor do I want to mislead them that it is some kind of thriller. 
After that, I need to make a cover for my soon-to-be-published book.  It used to be called Take Two, but I think I'm going to change the title to Who Says You Can't Go Home.  Although, another self-pubbed author just released a book by that name in July.  I'll have to discuss the new title with my reading buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment