Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sales and another book cover

I was curious to know which of my books sells better on Amazon.  When I opened up the reports, I received quite a shock!  Christmas in Hell outsells Across the Pond overwhelmingly!  This surprises me because I think Across the Pond is a much better story (and probably better writing, too). 
I'm not complaining!  I'm happy to have ANYONE buying either of my books.  I just think one is slightly better than the other.  That's all. 
With this new sales information in mind, I decided to design a cover for Christmas in Hell.  Here it is:
It's one of those things that once you read the book, the cover makes more sense (i.e. the animal print and the ornament).
I'm done with the cover designing for now.  I need to focus on my real job now, unfortunately!  I hope these new covers will help to propel my books forward in sales.  *smile*

2 comments:

  1. Hi Virginia,

    Great cover - certainly eye catching!

    Off topic but I've had a bit of a tinker with a forum: http://chicklitters.freeforums.org

    There isn't any content yet but let me know what you think. And what you think of the name - just realised it sounds like a place for chickens to do their business rather than a place for writers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made another forum, which has a much simpler look:

    http://chicklitters.lefora.com/

    Let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete